Senior Mechanical Engineer MEP (Hybrid)
- We have a Sr. Mechanical Engineer – MEP position open in Oakdale, MN.
- This person will prepare plumbing and HVAC system design drawings and specifications for new construction, existing facilities expansion, and renovation projects for moderate to high complexity projects with a focus on industrial clients.
- Obtains plumbing, mechanical, and related data from documents, occupant interviews, and field measurements.
- Responsible for applying engineering fundamentals to designs of mechanical systems.
- Perform HVAC and plumbing system sizing calculations, select equipment, and write technical specifications.
- Performs engineering calculations using accepted methods and computer software.
- Communication with internal staff, clients, and other consultants/disciplines.
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation of floor plans, site plans, and other drawings for complex structures.
- Reviews and approves Mechanical design packages developed by design teams.
- Performs field review of existing facilities to determine and verify relevant services and site layout, and to coordinate construction with plans and specifications.
- Responsible for system design, sizing, and layout, selection of components for systems, plumbing, and/or HVAC design.
- Responsible for the preparation of cost estimates and in coordination of construction and renovation projects.
- Ability to prepare red-line drawings for Cad Operators.
- Writes technical specifications.
- Compiles specifications and contract documents.
- Helps maintain the financial success of projects based upon mutually agreed fee structures.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Business Unit Manager as deemed appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering and 10+ years of related design experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Requirements include 10+ years of relevant work experience in an Engineering environment and comprehensive knowledge of Mechanical, HVAC, and Plumbing design.
- Requirements include a strong understanding of engineering, design, and documentation principles, practices, and standards, an understanding of materials and systems, and a thorough knowledge of Engineering detailing and construction methodology.
- Must be organized, technically competent, have effective oral and written communications, and experience in working in a multi-disciplined environment and interfacing with engineers, designers, and drafters.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can Work independently with little input and direction from the Business Unit Manager.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Degree. Licensure as a Professional Engineer is required – NCEES preferred.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Ability to collect field data and accurately record findings.
- Ability to perform system design functions.
- Planning, Customer Focus, Timely Decision Making, Informing, Organizing, Priority Setting, Problem Solving.
- All WME employees are required to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Windows, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- May be subject to travel assignments constituting up to 10% of the work schedule. Travel varies as a function of the project.
- No or very limited physical effort is required.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as outside temperatures, dirt, dust, and/or noises.
- All WME employees are expected to interact with clients in a highly professional manner.
- This Sr. Mechanical Engineer is expected to properly represent WME’s service offerings to clients and to quantify and describe to clients the business value associated with WME’s service offerings.
About: As a 100% Employee-Owned Company our people are passionate about solving your unique engineering challenges, and with the support of industry experts behind them, they can successfully execute projects of any size while meeting your requirements of scope, schedule, and budget. This company has been providing customers with engineering, system integration and fabrication solutions for more than 40 years. With offices throughout the US and over 500 professionals on our staff, we are one of the largest and most well-established engineering companies in the United States, and we’ve successfully finished numerous projects for our US clients in many parts of the world. We’re confident that our qualified staff has the knowledge, experience, and talent to create and deliver the solutions you need for your facility process and operation needs. This company ranks on Inc. 5000’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list and is a GSA Schedule holder with the Federal Government for professional engineering services and manufacturing.
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 10 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Engineering
Industry: Industrial Automation
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org