Principal Scientist / Engineer – Research & Development
- Applications engineer specializing in wafer-level processing techniques, comfortable with exploring advanced/non-standard methods for unique applications.
- Adept at hands-on lab work, creative thinking, problem solving in a unique and fast-paced applications engineering laboratory environment.
- Serve as technical contact point for project workflows based mainly in fabrication, such as laminations, coatings, lithography, and cure techniques.
- Support additional prototyping applications development initiatives relevant to strategic goals as they arrive.
- Create, maintain, and leverage close relationships with internal and external metrology and analysis collaborators to drive characterization and performance data collection and analysis.
- Basic data analysis and statistics experience is expected.
- Clearly and concisely communicate research to team members of varying technical backgrounds.
- Demonstrate ability to work cross functionally and globally with personnel at multiple levels.
- Maintain appropriate focus on personal and process safety, product integrity, and environmental stewardship.
- B.S. degree in engineering, material science or chemistry.
- Industrial experience with clean room + wafer level processing methods & tools.
- 5-15+ years hands-on industrial experience in semiconductor fab environment.
- Familiarity with material characterization, wafer-level metrology and/or thin film analysis.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven team player.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- English fluency.
- Master’s degree in engineering, material science or chemistry.
- Experience performing semiconductor industry lithography processes, including wafer spin-coating, lithographic patterning + developing.
- Expertise with a diverse range of analytical equipment: Chemical, mechanical, thermal analysis.
- Basic materials characterization.
- Inspection equipment (confocal microscopes, scanning electron microscopes).
- Curiosity and excitement to learn beyond assignments, excellent problem-solving skills.
- Applications testing for quality control and reliability testing for material process qualification and QC release.
- Competency in problem solving and statistical DOE data analysis for optimization and quality control in support of customer qualification.
- Hands-on experience in and enthusiasm for wafer-level or panel-level material formulation.
- Education: B.S. degree in engineering, material science or chemistry.
- 5+ years of industrial experience is desirable.
- GBPL or other 6 Sigma training is desirable.
- Previous cross-functional or global project experience is desirable.
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 10 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Research
Total position: 1
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org