Purpose of Position
In conjunction with the business unit management team, this position is responsible for the financial and overall internal control of the business unit in accordance with corporate procedures and policies, US GAAP and IFRS. This position is located in Buckhannon, WV. Specific duties will encompass strategy development, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, cost accounting, oversight of customer service, IT management and business controls in a team oriented high-performance environment. The candidate will report to the General Manager, with a strong dotted line to the SEFPRO Financial Manager located in France.
Major Responsibilities – Ongoing Tasks
- Assist in the effective implementation of Internal Controls and Business Compliance Statement.
- Controls the financial performance and integrity of the operation and develops proposals for improvement.
- Manages financial accounting, costing and controlling functions for the business unit while providing financial support to the management team located on-site, branch, division and HQ.
- Manages the integrity of financial information generated by the Shared Service Center (income statement, balance sheet, etc…). These reports will inform all stakeholders of the business’ performance.
- Monitors performance measurements and champions monthly analysis of variances from budgets and forecasts.
- Assists the business team in development and preparation of the business unit strategic plan, annual budget and forecasts.
- Recommends improvements in price, costs, sales mix and working capital towards achieving annual objectives.
- Assists SEFPRO controller as required with respect to financial and accounting assignments and projects including capital appropriations and plant utilization/capacity/asset management issues.
- Provide financial analysis (e.g., etc) as required in support of the business.
- Oversee the customer service group.
- Support WCM and related reporting needs.
- Manage COGNOS reporting for Corhart
- Identify training and development needs for subordinates
- Conduct annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Manage the IT and non-raw material purchasing functions for the business unit in accordance and in support of SG directives.
- ERP knowledge and Leader of FI/CO modules in SAP
- Costing of products, from annual budget, to setting of overhead rates and revaluation of inventory.
- Credit Management oversight at local level while respecting SEFPRO and US policies and procedures.
- Successfully complete transfer of Financial Reporting to Shared Services.
- Initiate, participate and facilitate work process (back room) continuous improvement activities
- Initiate project to improve individual product costing and significantly improve manufacturing variance information to allow improved business management.
Key Decision Areas:
- Appropriate financial and accounting staff requirements.
- WCM Project Selection and Validation
- Cost Analysis, performance results, business controls and safeguarding of company assets.
Criteria for Performance Evaluation:
- Annual financial performance vs. annual budget and targets
- Working capital targets
- Purchasing (non- raw material/Capital) purchasing savings
- Improvement in Standards
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 5 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Finance
Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: Yes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com