Embedded Systems Engineer
Our client is seeking a skilled Embedded Systems Engineer for our East York, PA manufacturing location.
The Embedded Systems Engineer will have primary responsibility to develop and execute the complete embedded systems development lifecycle for the Company’s products with the goal of creating scalable and optimized software and hardware systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Embedded Systems Engineer will have core duties and responsibilities to include:
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Design and implement hardware embedded systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment, including design, schematic capture, component specification and PCB layouts.
- Design, develop, code, test, and debug system software.
- Review code as well as hardware design.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources.
- Integrate and validate new product designs.
- Support software QA and optimize I/O performance.
- Provide postproduction support.
- Interface with other design and development staff with Engineering Department.
- Assess third party and open-source software.
- At least three (3) years of professional industry experience in a related field.
- Highly motivated self-starter with drive to succeed.
- Exceptional communication skills and willingness to continually improve.
- Familiarity with developing real time software for embedded systems.
- Coding experience in MATLAB, python, C/C++, VBA, etc.
- Demonstrated collaboration, and facilitation skills.
- Flexible, friendly, and adaptive approach to working in a team-based culture.
- Expertise with commercial software qualification process related commercial software certification standards for embedded software.
- Familiarity with MODBUS, RS 422, RS 485, and CAN bus.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software engineering principles.
- Keen listener and innate drive to succeed; and
- LEAN / Six Sigma aware.
Required Professional Experience
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science with a minor or coursework in hardware and software design.
- Have current Certification in C or C++
- Have at least three (3) years of professional working experience in a related field.
- Have demonstrable coding proficiency with MATLAB, Python, C/C++, VBA, etc.
- Have knowledge and proficiency with commercial software qualification process related commercial software certification standards for embedded software.
- Minimum LEAN or Six Sigma aware, with at least two (2) years of practical working experience with testing, data acquisition and electronic systems design.
- Proven working experience in embedded systems engineering.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- Proven experience in embedded systems design with pre-emptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review.
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces, and hardware subsystems.
- Excellent knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components; and
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
Our office work environment includes:
- Business casual work attire.
- Dynamic team-based work environment.
- Full-time 4.5-day work week that promotes work: life balance.
- Monday thru Thursday 7:30 am to 5:30 pm with 30-minute lunch
- Friday 7:30 am to 11:30 am.
We provide a semi-annual bonus program to reward our employees for their success. Our program is based on your consistent, reliable work. Quality + Efficiency = $$$
401K WITH COMPANY MATCH
We help our employees prepare for retirement. We provide a robust 401k plan with ROTH option and a company match.
COMPANY PAID HOLIDAYS
We provide our employees with eighty (80) paid Holiday hours per calendar year.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are priorities for every aspect of our company and of our company culture.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
EMPLOYEE WELL BEING
We provide a temperature-controlled working environment with unlimited access to purified water and purified ice for our employees. We also provide onsite vending services with a variety of popular snacks, beverages, and meals for your convenience.
We protect our employees with Covid-19 safety guidelines that include vaccination bonus incentive payments and monitoring of local risk. HR will manage reasonable accommodation of vaccination status if needed upon acceptance of employment.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pays.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Coding: 3 years (Required)
- Coding review and debugging: 2 years (Required)
- Commercial software certification standards: 1 year (Required)
- Professional industry: 3 years (Required)
- C or C++ Certification (Required)
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 3 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Information Technology
Industry: Mining & Metals
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org