Electrical Maintenance Technician (Industrial Electrician)
Basic Job Functions:
The role of the Maintenance Electrical Technician is to be a great team member who demonstrates high levels of honesty, integrity, and ownership in everything they do. In addition, the selected candidates will ensure the success of the team by SAFELY performing Preventative and Corrective maintenance on steel mill equipment and systems, as well as proposing and implementing innovative solutions to challenges in the steel making process. The Maintenance Electrical Technician will work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, scheduled and unscheduled overtime. Safety is the most important part of all jobs; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Fundamental Electrical Theory knowledge
- Experience Troubleshooting 480V Motors and Controls
- 2+ years’ experience in steel mill electrical maintenance
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Detailed Selection Criteria:
- Accountability – Displays responsibility with work habits and has ability to hold others accountable for desired results.
- Initiative – Being proactive with seeking out work that needs to be done and being willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Teamwork – Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members as well as
- effectively managing and resolving conflict as needed while working in a coordinated effort with others to achieve a common goal.
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and analyzing or reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Maintenance Systems and Techniques – Knowledge of servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing equipment, systems, and processes.
- Attention to Detail – Thorough in accomplishing tasks, no matter how small they may be, and taking care to make sure that expectations are met.
- Communication Skills – The ability to give full attention to what others are saying and communicate information so that others will understand.
- Judgment/Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- 2-year or 4-year degree in electrical or related field
Must have supervisor and/or manager recommendation and must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 2 Years
Education level: Bachelor’s degree
Job function: Technician & Mechanic
Industry: Mining & Metals
Total position: 4
Relocation assistance: Yes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com