Accounting Analyst (Hybrid)
This company is seeking an Accounting Analyst for the Financial Shared Service Accounts Payable Travel Department in Cheektowaga, NY. We need a natural problem-solver, who thrives on challenges. Who enjoys a high energy, fast paced environment.
This role will work a hybrid schedule averaging three days in the office and two days from home plus ten works from anywhere days, in the U.S. only, provided annually. This is on top of vacation, holidays, and personal days.
The office offers a modern, collaborative environment with free parking and on-site full-service cafeteria.
If you are looking for a good work/life balance – we’ve got it.
The successful candidate will:
- Coordinate the compliance of travel data from the company’s travel service providers, Citibank, and AMEX GBT.
- Coordinate the Corporate Travel Card program with Citibank including card issuance, delinquency reporting, and personal usage.
- Coordinate the Company Paid Airfare program with Citibank and AMEX GBT including processing transactions for posting and payment.
- Provide back-up capability to the Travel Manager for all SCOTT & Citi Administration functions on a routine basis.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Expense Report Audit Team as required.
- Coordinate with the Supply Management Department to ensure our travel partners are aware of negotiated rates with airlines, hotels, car rental, etc.
- Update the travel program to reflect our preferred travel vendors.
- Analyze travel expenses to ensure the company is minimizing travel costs.
- Create and prepare complex reports from AMAEX GBT and the Concur reporting tool of travel data for quarterly steering committee presentations, quarterly market reviews, and management analysis.
- Prepare bi-monthly hierarchy files to update to the company’s PTA (Pre-Trip Auditor) System.
- Provide customer service to the company travelers to address travel concerns and any company credit card issues.
- Analyze travel data to identify problem areas and root causes for non-compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Prepare journal entries as needed for Accounts Payable processing, including unit number corrections and iDoc posting errors for the company airline diversion account.
- Document and update Desk procedures for all tasks and processes.
- Work on various assignments as required by management.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Demonstrate project leadership capability through teamwork, with planning and implementing (preferred).
- Possess strong computer skills including SAP, Concur, Excel, Word, Power Bi, Power Point and Outlook.
- Have strong analytical skills needed to evaluate & summarize key travel data.
- Are self-starters with a high degree of initiative.
- Possess the ability to gain confidence and respect of management and staff through attributes such as professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrate organization and comprehension skills.
- Possess the ability to prioritize and maintain core responsibilities/accountabilities while simultaneously involved in multiple department initiatives.
- Have extensive use of computer applications in the accumulation, evaluation, and interpretation of data.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Are willing to put in necessary time to complete tasks on schedule.
Is this opportunity right for you?
This company offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? The company fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
- Has working knowledge and experience in own discipline.
- Assists in the maintenance of accounting policies and controls, fiscal controls, preparing financial reports and safeguarding the organization’s assets.
- Maintains accounting and financial records and reports, including general ledger, financial statements, regulatory and management reports.
- Continues to build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
- Performs a range of mainly straightforward assignments.
- Uses prescribed guidelines or policies to analyze and resolve problems.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Functional Experience – 2 years
This company is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Experience level: Mid-senior
Experience required: 3 Years
Education level: Associate degree
Job function: Accounting/Auditing
Total position: 1
Relocation assistance: No
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com