Because it is difficult for students to engage with businesses like they did before COVID-19, here are a few ideas about how to connect virtually with students during National Job Shadowing Week March 21-27, 2021
1. Save Time and Incorporate Current or Canned Employee Recruitment Videos
- Increase traffic to current HR content by adding relevant page links to your event listing
- Share recruitment videos, recommend schools or training programs that would benefit a future employee.
- Be creative with media content strategy by incorporating demos and workforce related content during National Job Shadowing Week.
- Streamline social messages to focus on students so that we can emerge from this crisis with promise and purpose.
2. Post Job Shadowing Video or Host Live Virtual Event on Edu-Advisor
- Describe your future workforce needs, recommend schools and entry skills requirements.
- Discuss employee benefits, entry-level salaries, and why students might want to work with your organization.
- Give a virtual tour so students can see a day in the life.
- Leave time for questions during live sessions.
- Use Tiolita.org to add insights directly to your listing so students can read and ask questions even if they didn’t attend a live session.
- Create a Hashtag for your event (Students can follow hashtags at Tiolita).
3. Host Virtual Office Hours with Tiolita.org
- Post office hours in your Edu-Advisor event listing.
- Create a Hashtag which can be used on the Tiolita.org platform.
- Tiolita is our FREE social media platform for jobs, education, and growth opportunities.
Dream2Career is working with schools who will have students tuning to Edu-Advisor and Tiolita for National Job Shadowing week.
Some possible questions you should be prepared to answer at live events*:
- Select a HIF Cluster (Mavens, Naturalists, Visionaries, Processors, Protectors, Specialists) that defines your work
- What do you think contributed to your success?
- Given the state of the world, how has your industry changed?
- What do you think will happen in the future with jobs in your industry?
- Do you see any emerging opportunities for your industry? Where will the jobs be?
- For your industry, can you recommend schools, associations, programs, events, or networks that students should know about?
*You can incorporate the answers to these questions into your media strategy during the last week in March and we will link to your information through our smart streaming services. Contact us for more information.
The time commitment is minimal, but the reward for helping students see pathways to success could not be understated.